$103.56 later…

I have new shoes, and a credit card bill that I will cringe about in a month xD

Anyways…today.was.a.great.day! I got all my errands done this morning at target, then headed out this afternoon on my quest for new running shoes. I ended up finding the pair I liked (mizuno, which i’ve never owned in my life) at Sports Authority but ended up using my resources to shy my way through a loophole…and get them at RoadRunner Sports, where they have what they call a “Perfect Fit” guarantee…which means you get to try out your shoes and have 60 days to return them, NO QUESTIONS ASKED. How great is that?! I mean, you can never really know how great your shoes are until you try them out…and this store knows that, THANK GOODNESS!

So yeah, new shoes for me! and I bought a new pair of running shorts this morning which ROCK also! I think I might have to go and get another pair! (shoes and shorts in picture)

But here’s my day…I gotta start getting ready for tomorrow since I’m the one driving for our carpool…but it saves gas, so that’s great!

But question for everyone: What kind of running shoe brand do you own and how did you break them in when you first bought them?

Van’s maple infused waffles w/ frozen mixed berries and some plain lf yogurt. Yum! But I do wish I had warmed the fruit…would have made it nice and JUICY! But no microwave….

I was starving after walking back from Target, so I had a mushroom lover’s burger on a double fiber ww english muffin, with lettuce, tomato, mustard and ketchup, a white nectarine and the rest of my salt and pepper rice crisps.

Starving after all that shoe shopping…I love this bar! Tastes like a (slightly sweeter than I’d like) oatmeal cookie! Hrm….wonder if heating it would make it any better… :)

And my farmer’s market dinner! Everything in here is from my local farmer’s market! The tamale is a gourmet, homemade, vegan spinach and zucchini tamale, topped w/ homemade salsa, fresh cherries, and spinach salad w/ tomatoes and a little bit of Italian dressing. Whew! It tasted GREAT though! I love these tamales!!! I’ve had them in my freezer for almost 2 months; I can’t believe I forgot about them! Still tasted great though!

Hope you all had a great weekend!

Oh yeah! And I keep forgetting to post this! Thank you Shelby from La Belle Vegan for nominating me! You rock honey!!!

These are the rules for the people I pass this award to:

*Put the logo on your blog.
*Add a link to the person who awarded you.
*Nominate at least seven other blogs.
*Add links to those blogs on your blog.
*Leave a message for your nominee on their blogs.

I want to pass this award to:

1. Scrumptiously Vegan
2. Eating Bender
3. Coffee, Chocolate, Kitchen
4. For the Love of Oats
5. Lighter Portions
6. Winning Friends with Salad
7. Chandra’s Shenanigans

And really…to everyone that has or hasn’t read my blog but i’ve read theirs! you all ROCK!

This entry was posted in Home. Bookmark the permalink.

11 Responses to $103.56 later…

1. runroamrecycle says:

I have always always always worn Asics.. and for the first couple weeks I alternate between runs with my new shoes and old shoes. I donno if that’s really necessary, but it’s just always what I’ve done. =]

MMmm homemade salsa! Is is it spicy!? Care to share a recipe?

2. linds says:

awwww thanks for passing on that award to me, I’m so glad that you like my blog and I truly always look foward to reading yours too :) You are such an inspiration for overcoming an unhealthy relationship with food to learning how to fuel your body so that it can perform to its maximum abilities. I LOVE the new running shoes and that is awesome about the 60 day test period- you really never know how a shoe will work for you until you actually use it. Sweet shorts there too, you’re making me wanna go out and buy some running gear.. :)

3. MizFit says:

Im always like that with the shoes and the WORST PART for me is by the time the bill arrives theyve (sigh) lost their bounce!!

M.

4. Foodie (Fab and Delicious Food) says:

Love the shoes. And what a great store return policy!

Your waffles look so yummy!

Congrats on the award!

5. shelby says:

I agree…that Oatmeal Raisin Bar is a little too sweet for me, I think I prefer Odwalla bars.

Yum! I love the waffles stuffed with fruit, it looks so good!

6. VeggieGirl says:

Fabulous shoes!! The running shoe brand that I SWEAR by is Nike.

Gorgeous waffle breakfast!!

Hooray for a blogging award!! :0)

7. Jenn says:

Thank you SO much Melissa! You are awesome :o) And you completely deserved that award – I always look forward to your posts.

Those new shoes look great – totally worth the $103.56 :o)

That waffle looks so decadent! I love the idea of drizzling yogurt on top – it looks like whipped cream but tastes so much better! And that tamale looks so delicious – I really need to go to a farmer’s market!

Have a great Monday!

8. Aimee says:

Love your shoes, and that return policy is awesome.

I think I have nikes right now. I should take better care in picking shoes out. The only brand that I really haven’t liked is New Balance, which is odd because a lot of runners like New Balance.

9. lighterportions says:

Aw thanks for the reward hun, you’re awesome! As is your blog ;)

Lovin the shoes. I need to go out and get some new ones sometime too!

10. TC says:

Running shoes: my first pair was definitely Nike (but that was also in junior high) and then after that I stuck with New Balance for a couple years. Recently, however, I have bought other brands. I had Mizuno for a pair – they were great but I ended up losing them somewhere in Europe. I think my current pair is…in California so I don’t remember the brand. Sorry!

Breaking them in: I always think that I have to break them in but my darling Dad always reminds me that if running shoes aren’t already perfect for running in, THEN THEY AREN’T THE ONES FOR YOU! I think he has said that to me more times than I can count. And generally, he is right. The shoes that aren’t just right at the beginning never “get” right after a bit of wear and tear. They have to be perfect from the start.

Congrats on all the new goodies and the blog recognition!

11. ashley says:

Good luck with your new shoes!

ASICS for me! I was a Nike girl for years. When I first stepped on a treadmill with my new Asics, I ran faster and longer than I ever have. I love them.